Building and Security Monitor-Part time
Under the supervision of the Director, the Building and Security Monitor maintains the safety and security of the public and staff by routinely patrolling the library building and parking lot to identify and handle safety situations. The Building Monitor will establish a welcoming and positive attitude at the entrance, greeting visitors as they enter and exit the library, while monitoring any behavioral or facilities challenges and coordinating response with Person in Charge.
Duties and Responsibilities
- Maintains safety for staff and patrons by patrolling and maintaining order within the building and throughout the library grounds including assisting with crowd control for popular events.
- Handles emergencies calmly in conjunction with Person in Charge in order to maintain a safe environment for all.
- Effectively communicate issues and incidents to Person in Charge and Administration and provide feedback about library security and safety.
- Assists maintenance staff with minor building and grounds issues or handle maintenance tasks when maintenance staff is not in the building.
- Participates in relevant training, continuing education and/or professional development.
- Performs other duties as assigned.