Blue Island Public Library is seeking a flexible and friendly individual to provide excellent customer service and technology assistance to the public at assigned service desks. This position will rotate shifts between library service desks and assist with a variety of patrons and projects. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and strive to reflect our diverse community through our dedication to equity, diversity, and inclusion. LIS candidates are encouraged to apply. Click here for a complete job description.
- 2 years of customer service experience in a library or similar environment, with a focus on a pleasant and competent patron experience.
- Positive attitude and flexibility to move between departments.
- Ability to communicate effectively with diverse patrons and staff.
- Basic computer and technology troubleshooting skills; comfortable learning new software.
- Bachelor’s degree preferred; will consider a combination of education and experience.
- Avid reader a plus; Spanish language skills a plus.
Part-time 12-18 hours p/week $15.00 p/hour
Send resume and letter of interest to firstname.lastname@example.org